From the online inquiry to the customer in the CRM system Act!: With our shop as an example I want to show how you can automatically process e-mails from the shop or the website in Act. Thus you optimzie your workflow.
E-Mail workflow for Act!
Automatically process e-mails from the shop or the website in Act
Example: Support order in our shop
In our shop you can buy Act!, Addons for Act! and services: Act! CRM and Addon shop
- As soon as the customer orders an article, in this case support hours, an e-mail with the ordering data is sent.
- First of all, our program FETCH|IT processes the e-mail.
- IMPORT|IT either creates or updates a contact. In our example, the purchased support time is added to the existing one.
- Also, IMPORT|IT can
- create an opportunity.
- create a history with the e-mail attached.
- add the contact to a group (i.e. Support Customer).
- add the contact to the liable sales representative.
- OUTREACH|IT sends an e-mail to the customer according to the group assignment and, if requested, to the sales representative. The e-mail contains specific information like the phone number the customer needs to call for support.
- When the customer calls, a DIAL|IT pop-up appears showing whether the customer has purchased support or not. If the customer has support it says how much and what kind of support. Thus, the support can start immediately without having to ask the customer lots of questions concerning his or her support status.
FETCH|IT is a DATA|SUITE module: It can process e-mails by any number of sources with different subject lines. The e-mails are either converted into a CSV file every 15 minutes or directly when they arrive, depending on the edition used. Also, FETCH|IT can attach a CSV or Excel file accordingly.
IMPORT|IT is part of our DATA|SUITE software. With this module you can import the data extracted by FETCH|IT in Act! and update existing records as well.
Depending on the edition, you can create and update contacts and/or companies, add contacts to a group, create a history or an opportunity and add the contact/opportunity to the liable sales representative.
SERVICE|IT is the module that carries out FETCH|IT and IMPORT|IT tasks in the background as a windows-service without any windows user having to be logged in.
With OUTREACH|IT you can run e-mail/fax/letter campaigns accurately. In our example, OUTREACH|IT sends another e-mail after some time with the help of Drip-Marketing because of the group assignment “Support Customer”.
DIAL|IT shows incoming calls in Act!. In a pop-up you can see the related contact data as well as additional information, i.e. support credit, support type or the liable sales representative. Furthermore, it notes the duration of the call. DIAL|IT is also able to attach a record of the phone call when you use an appropriate phone system, i.e. the 3cx.
You can automatically process e-mails from the shop or the website in Act with the help of FETCH|IT. In addition the other programs help the sales and support team continue processing the information accordingly.