Act! Appointments Explained in Detail
A good CRM program stands and falls with it’s appointment planning. Act! appointments are easily planned and quickly implemented and still offer a variety of options. What is behind it and how can you use this option to the highest potential?
Act! appointments are quickly planned and easily implemented. You get an overview and, if need be, you can replan appointments.
The activities window – general
- Appointment information is shown in four neat tabs. The main information can be found in the “General” tab. This content is explained in the following.
- Activity type – Is it a call, meeting or another type of appointment? Here you can determine what exactly is going to happen. The list of activity types can be set individually.
- Timing – By setting the start date and time as well as the length of the appointment, the ending date and time is set automatically. Use banner is an option to show the appointment either only in the calendar or in addition as a banner above it. You also have the option “timeless”, this can be selected in the dropdown menu from starting time. This automatically produces a banner. We recommend not to set timeless appointments as usually you have made a specific appointment with a contact.
- Schedule with – shows which contact is connected to the appointment and who is to take part in the appointment. The button Contacts offers the following options:
- Selected Contacts – Add additional contacts to an appointment. The search is always based on the order. If you have sorted by name then names will be searched for, the same goes for company or E-Mail searches. Of course multiple selections are possible.
- New Contact – Create a new contact should he not yet be in your customer database.
- Personal Data Record – adds your personal data record from your company.
- Send Invitation-E-Mail – After you have finished the activity Outlook will open with the selected contacts and will send an Outlook invitation to this appointment. This can be accepted and confirmed from the participants, even from all generally used smartphones. For this an Outlook-integration must be configured.
- Assiciate with – allows you to link companies, groups and sales chances to the appointment. This way you can recover the appointment e.g. in a certain group or sales chance.
- Regarding – Information to what this appointment/job pertains.
- Resources – Are resources needed for this appointment?
- Location – Where will the appointment take place?
- Priority – Set the importance for the activity.
- Ring Alarm – This setting is for you to receive a reminder for the appointment in Act! on time.
- Schedule for – Choose an Act! user who is supposed to do the activity.
- Create separate activity for every contact – Without this checked you will plan the activity with all selected contacts; if it is checked every contact will receive a separate activity. Should you need to change the appointment then it needs to be changed separately for every participant.
- Private – private appointments should be added to Act! as well. Colleagues will only see that you are not available at the set time, although details are not visible. This way you can make sure that there are no scheduling conflicts between business and private appointments.